Updated: July 4, 2022
Guidelines (these are STRICT). Poems that do not meet guidelines will be returned:
The theme is “roots AND/OR routes” – to be interpreted as you see fit. Have fun with it!
Please provide submissions by email to firstname.lastname@example.org (subject: Anthology 5)
- Can be a photo, drawing, collage, pattern, graphic, painting, etc.
- Portrait (NOT LANDSCAPE) orientation
- Must be high resolution digital image
- By submitting to this contest, you are giving us permission to use, modify and reproduce the image in any way. Credit for the artwork will always be given.
- Submit the poem in 12-point font in TIMES NEW ROMAN
- 27 lines maximum including stanza breaks (not including title)
- 60 characters (including spaces) maximum in a line (please count the characters in your longest line to make sure you are within the guidelines – WORD or GOOGLE DOCS can do this for you).
- Indented lines MUST be indented USING SPACES made by pressing space bar, NOT by using the “TAB” button
- MUST attach a Bio of 60 words OR LESS. Please format bio with your name leading, eg. “John Doe is an amazing poet from . . .”
- Poems deemed racist, misogynist, homophobic, or otherwise inappropriate or derogatory will not be accepted.